Friday, November 27, 2009

Poe-eee! Poe-eee! Poe-eee!

This morning I looked out the window and saw that Mom was in the yard with a mini horse for me! I started yelling "Poe-eee! Poe-eee!" so that Dad would come see it too. I ran over to the front door and found Prince standing on the porch. My very own pony!!
Prince is an 11-year-old miniature horse gelding. His fancy registered name is "Whispering Firs Prince Valient". He's registered as a "B" mini because he's 36" tall (the "A" ones are shorter). Mom says that he pulls a cart, and she can't wait to buy one for him so we can drive around the neighborhood. I walked Prince around the yard a little with Dad's help - I'm so little that Prince couldn't feel me pulling on the rope!
After that, I took him for a test ride and kept saying "mow-wah, mow-wah" (more! more!) when we'd stop since I wanted to keep riding longer. Mom let me ride without my helmet today since Dad was hanging onto me, but she said from now on I'll have to wear my helmet when I'm on my pony.
Prince settled in quickly...he even let Campbell (the cat) rub on his legs while he munched hay!! Dozer and Bandit were very curious and sniffed Prince's nose through the barn window. Prince is going to live in the petting corral part of the barn for now until Bandit goes to his new home.
Prince is the nicest pony that I've ever met - I'm so glad that we get to keep him!!

2 comments:

Erin @ 3 Meadow Lake Cottage said...

Awwww, you're so lucky, Mady! Every little girl wants a pony! Kate is so jealous.

Sara St. Jean said...

Love the pony. He's so cute. What a lucky kid!