Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Duck Whisperer

Last week Mom and I went to Flowing Lake, a nice park that is a few minutes away from our house. I wasn't planning to go into the water since I've never been in a lake (or even a swimming pool!) before, so I didn't have my bathing suit on. I sat on the sand and smooshed my hands around, and when a boat went by and made some waves, the water sloshed up the beach and got my pants soggy. I loved the water and the sand, but my favorite part was the flock of ducks that swam over to me!! Mom and I fed them blackberries that we picked from the nearby bushes. I had so much fun at the lake that Mom took me back yesterday and we went swimming (in our bathing suits this time!). The water was a little chilly at first, but it was still fun to float and splash with the ducks.


No comments: